In this Where are They Now? episode, Christie interviews Jonathan, now a Senior Vice President at a global marketing firm and a former consulting colleague with the brand of a rockstar. Jonathan shares stories of his career journey and how he transitioned from the media & entertainment industry into consulting and back into the music industry.
Jonathan also discusses a myriad of topics including:
- Moving from Virginia to NYC to Los Angeles and living differences between the various cities.
- Genesis of shareholder value as a strategic priority in corporations and its impact on organizational cultures.
- Things to consider when deciding to pursue an MBA and how to get a free education.
- Realities of firing a client that compromises integrity and values.
- Becoming a trusted advisor for your client and Jonathan’s definition of a great consultant.
- Hacks to get promoted quickly as a newbie in a consulting firm.
In career dilemma segment of the show, Christie and Jonathan gives advice on how to manage conflicts and build relationships with a difficult client.
Jonathan uses SWOT analysis techniques at all times on his projects – learn about it here.
Music credit: Ben Sound Lounge